Ladies

Ladies
representing different times and moods

Friday, March 9, 2018

The Wedding blog


So, life is supremely busy. Why, you may ask? Apart from the daily life business of life - if you are particularly slow and haven't noticed the heading (That cheek of me!) - WE ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!!! 👫💟💖💏💋

OH MY OH MY OH MY OH MY!


We are plunging headlong in to a big (moderately so) fat (not so much) Indian wedding. 
This moderately endowed wedding is still 400+ strong and my father, dear father, is fretting that its not a high number of invitees. I said I wanted something around 50 strong, but hey, party!

My darling boyfriend, Fiance doesn't sound that endearing , is one brave, strong man. But more than that, he is a caring, Loving, and kind human with a beautiful soul. He is more worried about stuffing up during the ceremony here in India than the actual act. Australians are made of Stern stuff, stern stuff that uses a lot of slang, but sternly yet funnily amazing nonetheless. 

SO while we struggle with the tiny details that keep cropping up here there , and we finish them, with finesse and graceful design solutions , while I tinker and weigh the gold and silver, while my mom busily feeds me deliciousness and I struggle with keeping my Yoga regime in place  - I also await eagerly the arrival of my groom to India with is Family. 

How surreal this seems, yet how very natural. No effort has been spared as far as the preparations from my parents go, I have been blessed much with the people that I have, and everything else is just icing on the cake of life.. indeed, beneath all the gilts and glam of this wedding, the main thing is to celebrate the union of us. I am aware that being able to marry an Australian, being an Indian girl is a very huge deal in itself. Getting to celebrate it here with my family , in the amazing traditional way, with his family all jumping on board with such enthusiasm is another blessing. My friends from all over the world have also arrived with glee and dedication. To celebrate me marrying this amazing man who I already feel so firmly married to , in a maidenly way (!) - This is indeed , a girl's dreams coming true.

I am trying to finish this blog before the Mahendi starts, once it is on, there will not be any time at all for me to do much writing.

So just a blog of gratitude. To the universe. To the people that love me. To everyone that wish us well. To my parents, my brother,and my man - ( the most gentlemanly of them all, even in his Thongs and broad shorts) Thank you so much for your efforts, gentleness and generosity. To all his family and my friends too!

Now that I have successfully made this sound like an Oscars acceptance speech, back to the point.
We are getting married on the 12th of March 2018. Just near our first kiss anniversary (!) without that being planned. This was 12 am, just as the 14th ticked over. I had been to a birthday party and T picked me up, way back in 2015, I broke a shoe in the customary way, and was loath to walk barefoot - and seeing my indecision , he picked me up. Literally this time. Swept right off of my feet and walked the fair distance between the restaurant and the parked car with me in his arms. What is a young, beautiful and dreamy girl to do but to allow a kiss that night, later in a park as we observed the night. Waiting for the laden sky to give and the clouds to pour their hearts on us. As the first drops of that sultry night fell , he asked me if we should get home before we got wet. I got off of the thoughtfully brought picnic blanket with a regretful heart (it was very close to midnight and he had work and an hours drive before he could find his bed as he has just volunteered to come all the way just to drop me off to a 10 minute away location. Because dad had been worried that I'd come to grief coming back from the party and I was close to not going, which made me unhappy, and Tim - he being him, wouldn't have it that way). The rain held up again just as I got up, so I, gleefully went down again, "we can stay.." And he came down on top, so I got my first kiss.


So, we will marry. And hopefully, we shall kiss even more. Being addicted to all levels of kisses as we are. We will love, serenely, passionately, kindly and gently. Truthfully and successfully. Wildly and magically, deeper than the ocean and more eternal than the universe, in a healthy long age. Wish us this, if you would wish us anything.

Yours truly,

Miss Magicaldiva, soon to be Mrs. One very spoilt yet grateful girl woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment